About The Pearl Guide
Overview & Features
The Pearl Guide helps you unleash the possibilities of travel in The Pearl of Africa by providing the insights and tools you need to experience Premium Uganda.
While you’re always at the helm, The Pearl Guide offers the assurance of our expertise, the guarantee of selectivity, and the choice details that truly define Uganda as a destination. It’s like having a friend wherever you travel, a polished friend.
Resources that you’ll want to read as well as reference, our magazine and website offer current and discerning shopping, dining, hotel, and culture recommendations, as well as compelling features and articles that convey the essence of what we exclusively term as Premium Uganda.
And we are confident that we’re giving you the best information because our products are written by people who live here. We hire local writers who know Uganda better than anyone else. We bring you the latest, most accurate coverage, and like trusted companions, reveal local treasures and everything you need to know before you arrive.
More than an online resource, The Pearl Guide will connect you to a like-minded community of selective travelers-living, learning, and traveling on their terms. Together, our magazine, our website, and you make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.
How to Use Our Website
Plan Your Perfect Escape
At www.thepearlguide.co.ug you’ll find all the tools and insights you’ll need to plan the vacation to Uganda you want to take.
Search The Pearl Guide and unlock over 1500 locations around the Uganda to find the must-see sights and attractions, the perfect hotels, choice restaurants, entertainment ideas, and, of course, where to shop for the quintessential vacation keepsakes. Not sure when to go or how best to experience a place?
To help you plan more efficiently, The Pearl Guide has incorporated several tools to help you easily make the best choices:
- The Pearl Guide brings to you the first Ugandan online platform where you can compare flight fares across various destinations and book a vast selection of hotels.
- Constrained by budget and still want to tour The Pearl of Africa, The Pearl Guide has a tool that allows to input your budget and thereafter auto-generates packages you can undertake within your budget!
- Afraid of being over charged as you navigate Uganda by bus and taxi? Our new module allows you to input your choice local and destination and you’ll see the fares to that destination across various buses.
- We encourage you to share your opinions and experiences of hotels and restaurants we select. Adjacent to each listing is an option to “Thumbs Up” or “Thumbs Down” and share your thoughts of the place. Have a property you like or loathe? Sound off by clicking on a Thumb and adding your own review.
- Join the discussion board at The Victoria Forum and share your questions, tips and recommendations with the world and travel inquisitives alike.
The Pearl Guide Newsletter
Need new and exceptional restaurant and hotel recommendations? Need a tip on the less discovered destinations? Get inspiring ideas and practical tips every month by signing up for The Pearl Guide Newsletter.
Our Mobile Site
Visit www.thepearlguide.co.ug from your mobile browser and you’ll gain access to Premium Uganda from anywhere around the globe. With complete listings of hotels, restaurants, sights, shopping, and nightlife, you’ll never be without up-to-date information on what to see, do and eat in the Pearl of Africa.
Our Mobile App
The Uganda Guide App, Uganda’s first tourism mobile app, is the ultimate travel guide to Africa’s most diverse and traveler-friendly country with clear maps and detailed coverage of all the best Uganda attractions. The App is available for free download on Android, iPhone, iPod and iPad. Find detailed practical advice on what to see and do in Uganda, relying on up-to-date descriptions of the best hotels, bars, clubs, shops and restaurants of all cuisines. See more at: http://thepearlguide.co.ug/our-mobile-app
Posted in: About Uganda