Good news! Kampala Restaurant Week is back yet again! We’re so excited to bring you
#UgTravelMonth Trip 5: Murchison Falls by Acacia Safaris
- Murchison Falls National Park
- 1st Oct - 2nd Oct
- 7:00 AM on Saturday
- UGX 300,000
First gazetted as a game reserve in 1926, Murchison Falls National Park is Uganda’s largest and oldest conservation area. United States President Theodore Roosevelt visited Murchison Falls National Park in 1909 during the most lavish hunting safari of all time – one which, by today’s rates, cost US$1.8m.
The park is bisected by the Victoria Nile, which plunges 45m over the remnant rift valley wall, creating the dramatic Murchison Falls, the centerpiece of the park and the final event in an 80km stretch of rapids.
- 0630hrs – Departure from Kampala (Garden City)
- 1200hrs – Ferry Crossing
- 1300hrs -Lunch Break at Pakuba Lodge, located in North West of Uganda on the Eastern Bank of the Albert Nile. Our tastefully furnished rooms offer comfort, style and serenity
- Game Drive for Group 1: A game drive around the Buligi game tracks on the northern bank with a trained ranger guide and opportunities to photograph the wide range of animals in the Nile Valley. Your guide will have a good idea where the lions are hiding, and you may even spot a leopard at dusk!
- Boat Launch for Group 2: The launch trip upstream from Paraa presents an astonishing display of wildlife and culminates with the memorable frontal view of the Falls.
- 19:00hrs – Sundowner Drinks and Dinner at Pakuba Lodge at
- Accommodation for the night at Pakuba Lodge
- 07:00hrs – Group Camp Breakfast courtesy of Pakuba Lodge
- 08:00hrs – Game Drive for Group 2
- 08:00 hrs – Boat Launch for Group 1
- Departure for Kampala
The ticket charge of UGX 300,000 is an full-board ticket and covers Transportation, Meals, Activities and Accommodation by Room on the trip. The above rate is applicable to Ugandans / East African Residents only.
NOTE: All itineraries subject to change, depending on weather, availability and location of chosen lodging.
For further info, reservations and tickets, call: 0414 695 658 or whatsapp 0775 498 582. Bookings are made with full payments by Sept 16, 2016.