Ugandans millennial is curious and always has an eye out for the next best thing. On
Job Vacancy at The Pearl Guide: Chief Editor
Overview & Features
Chief Editor and Creative Director
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Qualification: A degree from a recognized University.
Experience: 4 years in the Media and Blogging Environment
Contract: Two (2) Years Renewable
Reports to: General Manager
The Pearl Guide Magazine and Website seeks a Chief Editor. This senior level creative position will oversee artistic direction of The Pearl Guide Magazine, a multimedia lifestyle and travel brand for the global citizen and creative change-maker. The Pearl Guide Magazine consists of a bi-monthly print publication, a website that publishes feature and blog content in the form of reviews, commentary, photography and design.
- generating ideas for features and selecting features for each issue
- editing, writing and re-writing articles
- overseeing artwork, design and photography for the features section of the magazine
- attending and guiding photo shoots
- organizing meetings with concerned content personnel
- creating a corporate brief for guest-writers, which can include word count, deadline, fee and writing style;
- proofreading all pages before going to press;
- raising the profile of the magazine with an objective of raising revenues;
- networking with others and representing the brand at industry events;
- assisting other staff to meet their deadlines
- engage and contribute professionally to the success of existing business projects such as Discover Uganda TV Show, Kampala Restaurant Week 2015 and Hospitality Awards 2016.
- Structure and Manage writers and photographers mentorship programme
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously and against deadline
- Superior communication skills, including writing, editing and verbal capabilities
- Superior presentation skills
- At least 4 years of overall writing and business professional experience
How to apply:
Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their applications and CV with addresses of three(3) referees plus telephone contact to:
Email: email@example.com entitled “Editor”.
Closing date for submission is 4:30pm on, Friday 29th August 2014
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Posted in: Jobs