#KlaRestaurantWeek: Taste and Vote
The Awards installment of Kampala Restaurant Week was instated to act as the stimulant and incentive for the Participating Restaurants to go over above what’s expected of them, to profoundly excel in their culinary art and collectively raise the standard of Uganda’s hospitality industry.
In the inaugural 2015 Edition, Yujo Izakaya deservedly emerged as the People’s Choice Top Restaurant for the week as they grabbed the week by the horns and took Kampala on an experimental culinary journey.
For 2016, we’ve slightly broadened the awards scope and attracted the support of Chaine des Rottisseurs, the world’s oldest and most credible gastronomic society, as our Dining Authority and Judges for Kampala Restaurant Week 2016. We’re leveraging the distinctive character, knowledge and experience of this society to enable us establish a more accurate depiction of who the remarkable Restaurant performers are.
1. Top Restaurant Award: This award is to be selected by a weight of 60% Public Vote and 40% Judge Ruling by Chaine des Rotisseurs. The Top Restaurant Award is an overall award that considers the totality of all parameters that make for a great restaurant experience: Food Quality, Menu Variety, Service, Ambience, and Amenities. Under this Category, two (2) awards will be given: “Top Casual Dining Restaurant in Kampala Restaurant Week 2016” and “Top Signature Dining Restaurant in Kampala Restaurant Week 2016”
2. Outstanding Service Award:To be fully selected by the public only. Diners will go out, experience the restaurants and rally behind the venues where they felt welcome, promptly attended to, treated with care and respect and above all, a timely execution of orders taken.
3. Innovation Award:To be fully selected by the Chaine des Rotisseurs. Restaurant Week is about Creativity and Creation. This award pays tribute the most astonishing creation this year, most astonishing combination of ingredients with a remarkable result on the palate. Chaine des Rotisseurs will discretely visit all the Participating Restaurants, extensively review their menus, then taste and discern the creation of the year.
How to Vote:
We’ve remarkably simplified the voting process this year. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. After checking out a restaurant, visit thepearlguide.co.ug/krw
2. Find the desired Restaurant on the page. Restaurants are listed in Alphabetical Order
3. Cast your Vote for the Restaurant! Done!
Voting closes at midnight on Saturday 11th June 2016.
About Chaine des Rôtisseurs
The Chaîne des Rôtisseurs is the world’s oldest international gastronomic society, founded in Paris in 1248. It is devoted to preserving the camaraderie and pleasures of the table and to promoting excellence in all areas of the hospitality arts. Revived in 1950, the society has professional and amateur members in more than 90 countries worldwide, including Uganda.