Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Qualification: A Finance degree from a recognized University.
Experience: 2 years in the Social Media and Content Management
Contract: Two (2) Years Renewable
Reports to: Business Development Manager and PR Team
The Finance and Administration Officer will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the General Manager. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative individual and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting and administration.
- Manage all financial and operational aspects of the project and ensure compliance with standard in-house accounting policies and procedures and procurement integrity.
- Oversee preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- Ensure timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for projects.
- Prepare biweekly cash requirements; monitor cash flow and reconcile cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Oversee human resource management, procurement, payroll administration.
- Ensures appropriate systems and cost effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report funds and have the proper internal controls.
- Provide technical assistance as required to build financial management capacity of local partners and grantees.
- Implement and monitor cost effective and efficient systems and procedures.
- Supervise administrative support team members.
- Ensure compliance with applicable tax requirements including VAT, PAYE and NSSF.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously and against deadline
- Superior communication skills, including writing, editing and verbal capabilities
- Significant hands-on experience building and executing social media strategies to achieve business objectives
- Pragmatic sense of business acumen, problem solving abilities, creativity, and sense of “getting things done”
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Commerce; ACCA or other relevant accounting qualification and human resource management will be an added advantage.
- He or She should possess at least 3- 5 years experience in a similar position or equivalent.
- Demonstrable computer knowledge and applications
- Use of financial accounting packages and software.
- Proficiency in IT.
How to apply:
Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their applications and CV with addresses of three(3) referees plus telephone contact to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org entitled “Finance & Administration Officer Vacancy”.
Closing date for submission is 4:30pm on, Friday 29th August 2014
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted