Oct 8, 2016
First gazetted as a game reserve in 1926, Murchison Falls National Park is Uganda’s largest and oldest conservation area. United States President Theodore Roosevelt visited Murchison Falls National Park in 1909 during the most lavish hunting safari of all time – one which, by today’s rates, cost US$1.8m.
The park is bisected by the Victoria Nile, which plunges 45m over the remnant rift valley wall, creating the dramatic Murchison Falls, the centerpiece of the park and the final event in an 80km stretch of rapids.
Trip 2 of #UgTravelMonth gives you the opportunity to discover why this area has been sought after by great names the world over. Stand side by side with friends and watch the world’s most powerful waterfall gush unforgivingly in the distance.
- 0700hrs – Departure from Kampala (The Pearl Guide Offices)
- 1200hrs – Ferry Crossing
- 1300hrs -Lunch Break at Nile Safari Lodge, a lodge that enjoys an iconic reputation due to its unique location in one of the most beautiful settings in Africa.
- Game Drive for Group 1: A game drive around the Buligi game tracks on the northern bank with a trained ranger guide and opportunities to photograph the wide range of animals in the Nile Valley. Your guide will have a good idea where the lions are hiding, and you may even spot a leopard at dusk!
- Boat Launch for Group 2: The launch trip upstream from Paraa presents an astonishing display of wildlife and culminates with the memorable frontal view of the Falls.
- 18:00hrs – Sundowner Drinks at Nile Safari Lodge
- 19:00hrs – Dinner BBQ at Nile Safari Lodge
- 20:00hrs – Poolside Party with entertainment from DJ Simples till late
- Accommodation by Camp at Shoebill Campsite grounds (Associated to Nile Safari Lodge)
- 07:00hrs – Group Camp Breakfast courtesy of Nile Safari Lodge
- 08:00hrs – Game Drive for Group 2
- 08:00 hrs – Boat Launch for Group 1
- 11:00hrs – Luxury Lodge Tour: Complimentary Refreshment and tour of Paraa Safari Lodge, a facility that offers a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure.. Find out what makes this lodge one the most visited facilities in the region.
- Lunch at Nile Safari Lodge
- Departure for Kampala
The ticket charge of UGX 200,000 is an all-expenses-covered ticket and covers all Transportation, Meals, Drinks, Activities and Camping Accommodation on the trip.
For further info, reservations and tickets, call: 0414 695 658