Oct 15, 2016
Lake Mburo National Park is a compact gem, located conveniently close to the highway that connects Kampala to the parks of western Uganda. It is the smallest of Uganda’s savannah national parks and underlain by ancient Precambrian metamorphic rocks which date back more than 500 million years.
Trip 3 of #UgTravelMonth gives you the opportunity to discover one of Uganda’s easiest and most accessible safari experiences, giving you and your friends some simple getaway ideas for weekends to come.
- 0700hrs – Departure from Kampala (The Pearl Guide Offices)
- 1100hrs – Equator Stop Over and opportunity to take that iconic selfie
- 1300hrs -Lunch Break at Arcadia Lodge Lake Mburo, located in leafy gardens just a stone’s throw away from the Lake Shore.
- Game Drive for Group 1: The network of game tracks in the east of the park passes a variety of landscape features including acacia woodland, wetlands, grassy hillsides, rock outcrops and seasonally flooded valley floors.
- Boat Launch for Group 2: The wildlife-rich eastern banks of Lake Mburo can be explored during a tranquil two-hour boat voyage. Keep an eye out for crocodiles, buffalo, and hippos as well as colorful Kingfishers, magnificent Fish Eagles and Hammerkops with their enormous nests.
- 18:00hrs – Sundowner Drinks at Arcadia Lodge Lake Mburo and Lodge Tour with model rooms fully opened for experiential trial.
- 19:00hrs – Dinner BBQ at Arcadia Lodge Lake Mburo
- 20:00hrs – Bonfire Party with entertainment from DJ Simples till late
- Accommodation by Camp at Arcadia Lodge Lake Mburo
- 07:00hrs – Group Camp Breakfast courtesy of Arcadia Lodge Lake Mburo
- 08:00hrs – Game Drive for Group 2
- 08:00 hrs – Boat Launch for Group 1
- 11:00hrs – Lodge Tour: Complimentary Refreshment and tour of Kimbla Mantana Tented Camp, an intimate luxury camp that has it’s foundations in the luxury tented traditions of Roosevelt and Hemingway.
- Lunch at Arcadia Lodge Lake Mburo
- Departure for Kampala
The ticket charge of UGX 200,000 is an all-expenses-covered ticket and covers all Transportation, Meals, Drinks, Activities and Camping Accommodation on the trip.
For further info, reservations and tickets, call: 0414 695 658